Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Visitors...

Living in the woods is truly magical. Every morning I am in awe of the unique little visitors I have on my doorstep. When I remember to look closely I am fascinated...Here are some of the wee ones who come to visit me...
Smaller...but every bit as lovely as the Luna moth...
I could see my reflection mirrored in her wings...
Such a pretty little one...her spots blended perfectly with the rust on my old light fixture...
This little guy looks so charming in his cloak of white and fuzzy antennae...
This charming little soldier looks like he's wearing a cloak and helmet...
Such a whimsical little creature...Just look at his face...
I truly thought this little one was a leaf that had curled up. On closer inspection I was quite happily surprised...
Positively magical...
Such detail easily missed...
This little lady is covered in dusty lace...
A male Polyphemus moth...this one drew my attention out into the surrounding trees...are there more of these fantastic, elusive creatures hidden just out of my view? Please...come and visit me...

No comments:

Post a Comment