Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Some moments from my day...

Part of the reason we were later than usual to school...a family of Canadian Geese crossing the road...

Later this afternoon, I went for a woods walk alone...no dogs...no kids...just me and the camera...The Mountain Laurel is so stunning...

The wild blueberries are fruiting...still green....hundreds and hundreds...the bears will love them of course...

Something unexpected and rare...a Lady's Slipper...a special treat to remind me of my childhood...

I think this blue beauty is called a damsel fly...she sat for a second and was gone...

I'd like to think that this might be the stone spirit looking out at me...

This was puzzling to me...in the middle of the woods...maybe someone didn't want the tree to run off...

Another kind of berry being born...

This tree just looked happy so I had to snap a photo...

This was really special...I was admiring the knots in this little dead tree...examining the woodpecker holes...when I saw this little nose...

Then an eye...

There are at least three little babies in there...and this one just watched me...quietly...peacefully

As I left the woods there were daisies...growing in last years fallen leaves...

Such a beautiful day...and a beautiful walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment