Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Golden Winged Thing...


Goosey's body is, for the most part, finished and shaped. I may need to tweak him a bit...we'll see.


Here is a sort of odd view from the front. But wait...something is missing... Ah yes...WINGS!


I begin these with plain white batting in a basic wing shape. I made two approximately the same size and shape.


I wrap one side of the natural batting with "golden" wool batting then tack it into place with the felting needles...shaping the wing as I felt the roving together.


The basic shape of the wing is here now. More tweaking is necessary and will happen as I put the goose together.


Now for the threads of gold...I'm so addicted to this I'm bringing it with me everywhere! Notice the different background...in some window somewhere...in the city...


I think the biggest gift for me in all of this creating is from Amalie. She is so pleased with the goose as he comes along. I give a gift to her and to her classroom...the rewards for me are in my daughter's eyes and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment