Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

RUMPLESTILTZKIN....

Needle felting takes a very long time. It really is sculpting. The more I work...the more meditative I become...and I realize that each and every one of my projects comes directly from my heart, through my hands and into the medium. I'm redefining myself...feeling the magic...and creating. It's incredibly satisfying and rewarding work...

Tonight...I felt wool...into gold...

I begin by wrapping the goose in a beautiful heathered gold wool...tacking it down with a single needle so that it stays in place.

I lay strands of yellow and rose gold fibers over the wool and felt the fibers firmly together.

I am amazed at how the gold strands weave themselves into the fabric so easily...

Tonight I understand the glory and power Rumplestiltzkin felt as he turned straw into gold. I am felting wool into gold...and it's fantastic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment