Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

We have wings...

Of course, threads of gold were not enough to satisfy my esthetic and tactile dreams...so I added a little texture...
Using uncarded wool(I'm not actually sure what this is called...but it's the curly wool that makes great hair and beards for little gnomes....) in complementary shades I hinted at feathers...
When the wings were complete I attached them to Goosey at the shoulders using the felting needle. I felted in a straight line...I also lifted the wings and felted them on underneath as well, for a stronger connection.
Here is Goosey with one wing attached...
Now both wings...
I decided to felt the wings fast to the body because of their length and their weight. This Goosey must stand up to the handling of twenty four first graders. Tacking the wings makes them less likely to be torn off. At this point I only tack them on half way down the body because the tail feathers will need to be attached.
Here is a nice photo of the detail work on the wings.


So this is what Goosey looks like so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment