Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Seeing is Believing...

I can hardly believe that Goosey is coming along so beautifully!!! I just love him!!! His eyes are now attached. I love the expression in them!

I started with two small pieces of black wool batting.

I rolled each eye tightly into a small ball.

I don't show it here, but I decided to wet felt the balls so they would be really tight. You do this with warm/hot water and a tiny bit of soap. Just roll the ball in your palm until it is the size and basic shape that you want. In hindsight I think this made the eyes more difficult to attach, but I like the way they turned out. This is a picture showing the amount of batting I used compared to the size of the balls you end up with.

I placed a small bit of white batting behind the eye before I needle felted it onto the goose. This part was hard because I wet felted the balls pretty tightly. I broke at least one needle!!! Once the felting softens the wool up it gets easier and you can better shape each eye as you fasten it down.

You can add more white around the eye as needed by just needling it in. I added a little white glint in his eye. I think it gives him a little more expression. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment